Pluto Labs, Inc. TERMS OF SERVICE
LAST REVISED ON [2024.01.15]
Pluto Labs, Inc.(“we”, “us”, “our”, “ours”, “ourselves”, or “Pluto Labs”) aims to create a world without barriers to acquiring knowledge in academia. Our primary goal is establishing a data infrastructure related to publications. In this direction, we have built metadata databases for publications and developed a search engine for academic papers. Through such databases, researchers will no longer need to invest a lot of time searching for specific information in papers, but also quickly identify links between existing data that was previously difficult to find and derive insights from relevant information. Our steadfast commitment is to fulfil our mission of providing the academic community with our services that assist in searching, creating, modifying, and sharing scientific research outputs ("Service[s]”).
As a researcher, author, reviewer, reader, or contributor to our ecosystem, we welcome you to join our community. To those who will be engaging in any activity related to Pluto Labs ("you”, “your”, or “User[s]), we ask that you please first read and agree to the following Terms of Service (the "Terms"). By agreeing to the Terms, you understand that you may be governed by the laws and regulations of the regions (i) where you live, (ii) where you view or edit the contents which we collect, generate, or otherwise provide through any or all of our Services (“Content[s]”), (iii) where other Users view your Content, or (iv) where other Users who view your Content live. This may include the laws and regulations currently in force in the Republic of Korea (“Korea”) where we are based.
The capitalized terms as used in these Terms have the respective meanings given to them below:
- “Applicable Laws” means any act, regulation, decree, rule, ordinance, or subordinate legislation which is currently in force in Korea.
- “Applicant” means a person who submits application for membership to our Services ("Membership”).
- “Individual Terms” mean terms of service for individual Services, operating rules, or Company policies which we may announce aside from these Terms from time to time.
- “Member(s)” means User(s) whose Membership application has been approved and is currently registered as member(s).
- “Paid Subscription” shall mean a Service that requires regular payments or a fee from Member to use its features for a specified duration.
Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein, shall have the meaning ascribed under Individual Terms or Relevant Laws. If not defined under any of the foregoing, such terms shall take on the generally accepted meaning.
These Terms govern your access to and use of any or all Services provided by Pluto Labs, setting forth the rights, obligations, responsibilities, or other matters than warrant your attention. If necessary, we may also establish Individual Terms in addition to the Terms.
To facilitate your ease of reference and review, the Terms and Individual Terms, if any, will be made accessible on our Websites. In the case of any controversy or inconsistency between the Terms and the Individual Terms, the Individual Terms will control.
If you do not agree to the Terms, or any applicable Individual Terms, please refrain from accessing or using the Services and/or our Websites. By accessing or using our Services and/or Websites, you will be deemed to have agreed to and accepted the Terms and any applicable individual Terms to the extent valid under the laws and regulations applicable to you.
For any revisions to the Terms, we will post an advance notice on our Websites detailing the changes to be made in the Terms, reasons for such changes, effective date of the revision (“Revision Date”), etc. This notice (“Revision Notice”) will be provided at least 7 days prior to the Revision Date, except in cases where the changes being made are unfavorable to you, the notice period will be extended to a minimum of 30 days.
During the notice period above, we will ask and verify whether you consent to the revision. Because community contributions are essential to the Services, and we recognize the importance of embracing the community's will in modifying the Terms, we may also welcome and consider comments and proposals from you that are applicable to the contemplated revision.
Your implied consent to the revision will be presumed if you do not expressly consent or reject to the revisions within the notice period; provided that we include such terms of presumed consent in the Revision Notice.
If you do not agree to the revision, you should not use the Services, for the benefit of yourself and other Users. If you expressly state your rejection to the revision of the Terms within the notice period, either you or we could terminate your Service Usage Agreement.
While we will make an effort to notify Users of changes to the Terms, it is ultimately your responsibility to check for any updates. We recommend that you periodically review the most up-to-date version of the Terms on our Websites.
Any and all updates or changes that we may make to the Terms on a revision will be within the legal boundaries established by the Applicable Laws, including, but not limited to, Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection Act.
To fully use our Services, it is necessary that you register as a Member. You can apply for Membership by providing consent to the Terms and filling out the application form on our Websites. Upon our approval of your application, you will be registered as a Member, and an agreement between you and Pluto Labs with respect to your access and use of Services and/or Websites shall be deemed executed (“Service Usage Agreement”).
When applying for Membership on our Websites, Applicants shall provide all necessary information requested using their actual names and accurate information. If Applicants falsify their identity or use someone else's identity, or is found to have done so at any point, they forfeit all Membership rights under these Terms. In such case, we reserve the right to cancel or terminate their Service Usage Agreement without refund.
We approve all Membership applications as a general rule; provided, however, that we may postpone or cancel approval under any of the following events or occurrences, until or unless fully resolved:
- Applicant’s failure to meet application requirements (e.g., Applicant is below the age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction and has not provided valid consent of its legal representative [or custodian] where necessary);
- Membership application made in violation of any of the terms and conditions under the Terms (e.g., application submitted using incomplete, inaccurate, false, or another person’s information);
- payment for Membership subscription fee (for Paid Subscriptions) is not made or is made inaccurately, and we are unable to verify the payment;
- upon reasonable finding that Membership application is made with intent to disrupt public order and morals, or engage in activities prohibited by Applicable Laws or other relevant laws;
- Applicant with a previous record of usage restriction or other corrective measures imposed by us now re-applies for Membership;
- upon necessity to limit access to Services for compliance with relevant laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Applicable Laws;
- due to shortage in Service equipment or technical/operational issues; or
- upon any other grounds or instances comparable to the above which we find it necessary to delay or cancel the approval of application based on financial, technical, or other justifiable reasons.
- upon other instances where we find it necessary to delay or cancel the approval of an application based on financial, technical, or other justifiable reasons.
If an individual intends to use our Services on behalf of or for the benefit of an entity, then the Applicant in such case shall be both the entity and the individual, and the individual must represent and warrant that the individual is an authorized representative to agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf, binding both the entity and the individual to these Terms.
Once your Membership account is created, it is important to maintain the confidentiality of your ID and password at all times. Sharing or transferring your ID or password to another person is prohibited. You are accountable for any damages or liability resulting from your negligence in managing them. If you detect any unauthorized use of your ID or password, please promptly notify us. Also, you are responsible for updating us with any changes to the information submitted during your Membership application, either by updating your account information online or by other means. We hold no responsibility for any resulting disadvantages due to failure to inform us of aforesaid changes.
Furthermore, we hold no responsibility for any information, including the Member's account details, exposed due to reasons attributable to the Member.
We will comply with the Applicable Laws, acting in good faith while exercising our rights and fulfilling our obligations under these Terms.
For the provision of uninterrupted and reliable Services, in the event of equipment failures or loss of data while making improvements to our Services, we will make every effort to swiftly repair or restore such equipment or data, unless under unavoidable circumstances like natural disasters, emergencies, or defects and failures that cannot be solved with current technology.
Your use of Services is limited to research purposes only. Any other use is a violation of the Terms. As mentioned above, you are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party. The Services rely on Users like you who collaborate to write, edit, and curate the Content. We welcome your participation in this community and ask that you be civil and polite in your interactions with others, act in good faith, and make edits and contributions that align with our mission or the purposes of the Services.
Certain activities, legal or illegal, may harm other Users and violate our rules, policies, or Terms, and some activities may subject you to liability. Therefore, you may not engage in any of the following activities on the Services or our Websites:
- providing false information, impersonating another person, or engaging in similar activities when applying for Membership or changing Member information;
- compromising the integrity of e-commerce by disrupting another person’s use of Services, identity theft, information theft, or any similar actions;
- harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism;
- transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other Users Infringing on the privacy rights of others under Applicable Laws or other relevant laws;
- soliciting personally identifiable information for the purpose of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any non-research purpose not explicitly approved by us;
- intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- posting false or inaccurate content with the intent to deceive;
- attempting to impersonate another user or individual or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive;
- engaging in fraud;
- infringing on copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under the Applicable Laws or other relevant laws;
- posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under the Applicable Laws or other relevant laws;
- using the Services in a manner that is inconsistent with Applicable Laws or other relevant laws;
- using the Services in combination with an artificial intelligence tool, (including to train an algorithm, test, process, analyze, generate output and/or develop any form of artificial intelligence tool);
- use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to: (i) continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link or index any Content; (ii) harvest personal information from the Services for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material; or (iii) cause disruption to the working of the Services or any other person’s use of the Services;
- posting or distributing content that contains viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other devices that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our Users;
- engaging in abusive or disruptive automated uses of the Services that have not been approved by us;
- disrupting the Services by placing an undue burden on the Services, networks, or servers connected with the Services;
- disrupting the Services by inundating any of the Services with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the Services for their stated purpose;
- knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization;
- probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless we explicitly approve and cooperate until the end of such actions or the end of their effects; or
We reserve the right to exercise enforcement discretion with respect to User obligations.
The Services offered on our Websites are available for free or through Paid Subscriptions. To enhance Service quality, we may post various notices, administrative messages, and advertisements concerning Services to Members, either by displaying them within Services or sending them directly to the email addresses registered in Members’ account information. However, advertising information will be sent only if the recipient Member has consented to receipt in advance. If you encounter any issues while using Services, for example, system errors, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support for assistance.
The community of Users plays a major role in shaping, modifying, and generating the protocols that underlie the Services. Pluto Labs, Inc. rarely intervenes in community decisions about protocols and their enforcement. However, in an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic User because of significant disturbance of the Services or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right to:
- investigate your use of the Services to determine whether a violation of the Terms, the Services protocols, or other applicable law or policy has occurred, or to comply with any applicable law, legal process, or appropriate governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to User support requests;
- refuse, disable, or restrict access to the contribution of any User who violates the Terms;
- ban a User from editing or contributing or block a User's account or access for actions violating the Terms, including repeat copyright infringement;
- take legal action against Users who violate the Terms (including reports to law enforcement authorities); or
- manage the Services and our Websites in a manner designed to facilitate their proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our Users, licensors, partners, and the public.
In the interests of our Users and the Services, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had their account or access blocked under this provision, they are prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to the same Services, unless we provide explicit permission. Without limiting the authority of the community, we will not ban a User from editing or contributing or block a User's account or access solely because of good faith criticism that does not result in actions otherwise violating the Terms or the Services protocols.
As general principles, Services are provided twenty-four (24) hours a day and seven (7) days a week. Notwithstanding, provision of Services may be suspended for a certain period of time in cases falling under any of the following events or occurrences, during which Pluto Labs shall not be obligated to provide the Services:
- when maintenance, replacement, routine checks of information, or modifications to the content or Services are necessary;
- to address electronic security incidents such as hacking, communication issues, abnormal behavior by Users, or unexpected Service instability;
- in cases where normal Service provision is impossible due to legal compliance, force majeure, emergencies, power outages, equipment failures, or overwhelming service usage; or
- when deemed necessary for significant management needs of Pluto Labs, such as company division, merger, business transfer, business termination, etc.
Regarding the suspension or disruption of Paid Subscription, the following compensation criteria apply, and Users may not separately claim compensation against Pluto Labs:
- in cases where interruption or failure of Paid Subscription occurs for more than four (4) hours without prior notice due to our fault, we will provide a free extension of such Service time equivalent to the interrupted or faulty Service time;
- In cases where we have informed in advance about suspension or failure of Paid Subscription due to server checks, etc., if the suspension or failure time exceeds ten (10) hours, we will provide a free extension of Service time for the duration that exceeds ten (10) hours;
In the case of Paid Subscription where an extension of Service time is not possible, we will compensate for the suspension or failure of the service with other comparable Paid Subscription or similar options, at our discretion.
The Services primarily rely on Content voluntarily shared by researchers, like yourself. However, like most scientific and research-related services, the Services also depend on Content that we collect from external sources. Aside from Content generated by us using our Services (e.g., metadata analysis), we have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the Content which may be subject to certain licenses under which it is shared from the original sources.
Content and Services are provided for informational and research purposes only. They should not be taken as professional advice. Please consult someone licensed or qualified for professional advice on the use and interpretation of information included therein.
While using the Services, you may encounter Content that is offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to limit or deny a User's access to the Services or take other appropriate action if a User violates the Terms or engages in any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity or which we deem unlawful, offensive, abusive, harmful, or malicious.
If you believe that material included in the Content violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us to the contact information provided below. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material. We have the right to remove any such material that, in our sole opinion, violates or is alleged to violate applicable law or the Terms, or which might be offensive, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others. Unauthorized use of the Services may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under certain jurisdictions, including where you live. If you become aware of any abuse or misuse of Services or Content, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
While you have considerable freedoms for reusing the Content on the Services under their licenses, it is important that we protect our trademark rights to safeguard our Users from fraudulent impersonators. Therefore, we kindly request that you respect our trademarks. All trademarks belonging to Pluto Labs, Inc., Scinapse, the Services, and our Websites are our property, and any use of our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, or domain names must be in compliance with the Terms and the Applicable Laws.
You acknowledge and agree that we and our licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights related to the Services, including applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights. Product and company names mentioned on the Services may be trademarks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under the Terms.
Excluding any Content collected, gathered, or received, the copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the Content generated by us within the Services are owned by us. Without prior consent from us, Users may not profitably reproduce, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise utilize for commercial purposes any information acquired through the use of the Services that falls under our intellectual property rights.
Regarding any Content uploaded or transmitted by you during use of Services, including communication, images, sound, and all data and information (“User Content”), your hereby grant us with the right to edit, modify, or otherwise use your User Content in various forms such as publication, reproduction, performance, transmission, distribution, broadcasting, and creating derivative works therefrom.
Our Services utilize third-party payment processors (e.g., Stripe) to handle subscription fees. When you provide payment information to us or to Stripe, you represent to us that you are the authorized user of the card, PIN, key or account associated with that payment, and you authorize us to charge your credit card or to process your payment with Stripe for any Paid Subscriptions or other fees incurred by you.
For Paid Subscriptions ordered based on an agreed usage period on either monthly or yearly basis, where recurring payments are made in exchange for continued use ("Recurring Payment Subscriptions"), by continuing to use the Recurring Payment Subscription you agree and reaffirm that we are authorized to charge your credit card, or to process your payment with any other applicable third-party payment processor, for any applicable recurring payment amounts. If you have ordered any Recurring Payment Subscriptions, you agree to notify us promptly of any changes to your credit card account number, its expiration date and/or your billing address, or your payment account number, and you agree to notify us promptly if your credit card or other payment account expires or is cancelled for any reason.
If your use of Paid Subscription is subject to any type of use or sales tax, then we may also charge you for those taxes, in addition to the subscription fee.
You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence for any purpose.
In the event that you agree to Recurring Payment Subscription, but the payment was not successfully processed on the pre-informed recurring payment date, if the Service subject to payment is terminated or changed, or if you do not use the relevant Service for six months from the final date of use, Pluto Labs reserves the right to terminate the subscription.
Depending on the policy of Pluto Labs or Stripe, the maximum payment amount in aggregate per month, or other restrictions may be placed.
We also offer a free subscription to certain Services. As with all subscriptions, you are always responsible for any Internet service provider, telephone, and other connection fees that you may incur when using Services, even when we offer a free subscription.
In the event of an overpayment by User, Pluto Labs will refund the overpaid amount using the same method as the original payment; provided, however, that if the overpayment caused by the User's negligence, without any negligence or willful misconduct attributable to Pluto Labs, the User shall be responsible for bearing the reasonable costs incurred in refunding the overpaid amount.
Member may cancel any Paid Subscription within seven (7) days from the latter of the date of purchase and the date the Service become available for use; provided, however, that the Member has not used the Service at all.
Notwithstanding, if the contents of Paid Subscription differ from the contents that had been displayed or advertised with respect thereto, or if the Service provided under the Paid Subscription is not performed pursuant to the subscription terms, the Member may still cancel the Paid Subscription within thirty (30) days from the date the Member found or should have reasonably found the discrepancy or faulty performance.
Upon withdrawal of a Paid Subscription by User in accordance with the above, Pluto Labs will suspend provision of the relevant Service and refund any amount payable to the User without undue delay.
Any refunds for Paid Subscription payable to Users hereunder shall be made using the same payment method used for the subscription, handled by the respective third-party payment processor.
Refunds may be restricted in cases where the Service Usage Agreement has been terminated due to fault attributable to the respective User.
With respect to refunds arising from shutdown of certain Paid Subscription, the respective refund policy will be announced at least thirty (30) days prior to the shutdown through notices on Websites or other alternative means.
While we hope that you will continue to contribute to our Services, you may terminate you Service Usage Agreement without cause at any time through Membership cancellation process provided (“Membership Cancellation”). Upon your request for Membership Cancellation, we may request verification of your identity. Once your identity is confirmed, we will proceed in accordance with your cancellation request.
If we terminate your Service Usage Agreement, we will notify you of the following items in writing by email or equivalent method: date of termination and grounds for termination.
In addition to the above, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us, the community, or its Members to terminate part or all of the Services, the Terms, your account or access, or to ban you as a User.
If your account or access is blocked or terminated for any reason, your public contributions will remain publicly available (subject to applicable protocols of the Services). Unless we notify you otherwise, you may still access our public pages for the sole purpose of reading publicly available content on the Services. In such circumstances, however, you may not be able to access your account or settings.
Even after your participation is banned, blocked or otherwise suspended, the Terms will remain in effect with respect to relevant provisions.
Pluto Labs will bear responsibility and liability for actual damages suffered by Member resulting from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Pluto Lab.
Conversely, Member will bear responsibility and liability for actual damages suffered by Pluto Labs resulting from breach of these Terms or any applicable individual Terms by the Member.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE SAFE, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ACCURATE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE SECURE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT, DATA, OR ACTIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through or from the Services creates any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of the Services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or transmit, any Content or communication in the Services. We retain the right to set limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this section, so they may not apply to you either in part or in full depending on the law.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, PLUTO LABS, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THIS LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. HOWEVER, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS. PLUTO LABS, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS OR OCCURRENCES:
- inability to provide Services due to wars, events, natural disasters, emergencies, technical defects that cannot be resolved with current technology, or equivalent force majeure;
- any problems due to the telecommunications service provider for the User or the User’s computer or network environment, causing damage to the User unless there is willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Pluto Labs;
- suspension or disruption of Services due to unavoidable reasons such as repair, replacement, periodic inspection, or construction of facilities for the Services announced in advance, unless there is willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Pluto Labs;
- any problems in the reliability, accuracy, etc. of information, data, facts, etc. posted by Users or third parties in connection with Services unless there is willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Pluto Labs; or
- any damages caused by User's computer error, or in the event of damage caused by incorrectly stating or not stating personal information and e-mail address, unless there is willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Pluto Labs.
Pluto Labs shall not be obligated to intervene in any transactions among Users and third parties mediated by Services, nor shall Pluto Labs be liable for any damages resulting therefrom.
Pluto Labs may restrict Services depending on the Member in accordance with relevant laws, government policies, etc. and shall be exempted from liability for all matters related to the use of the Services arising from such restrictions and limitations.
As part of our Services, we may provide you with links or content to third- party resources, including but not limited to websites, applications, software, and digital files ("Third-Party Resources"). These resources are provided to you as a courtesy. We have no control over Third-Party Resources or the promotions, materials, information, goods, or services available on these resources.
We recommend that you review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Resources you navigate to from our Services or Websites.
We hope that no serious disagreements arise involving you. However, in the event of a dispute, we encourage you to seek amicable resolution in coordination with the Users community and us. If you seek to file a legal claim against us, you agree to file and resolve it exclusively in Seoul Central District Court, located at 157 Seochojungang-ro, Seocho- gu, Seoul 06594, Korea. You also agree that the laws of Korea will govern the Terms, as well as any legal claim that might arise between you and us (without reference to its conflict of laws principles). You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of, and agree that it is not unduly burdensome for you to decide on the proper venue in, Seoul Central District Court located in 157 Seochojungang-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06594, Korea, in any legal action or proceeding relating to us or the Terms.
Solely to the extent that applicable local law prevents certain disputes from being resolved in courts of Korea, you can file those disputes in your local courts. Likewise, if applicable local law prevents your local court from applying laws of Korea to resolve these disputes, then these disputes will be governed by the applicable local laws of your country, state, or other place of residence. For all other cases, the terms under the foregoing paragraph shall apply.
To ensure that disputes are dealt with soon after they arise, you agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action you might have arising out of or related to use of Services or the Terms must be filed within the applicable statute of limitations or, if earlier, within one (1) year after the pertinent facts underlying such claim or cause of action could have been discovered with reasonable diligence.
Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred to the extent permitted under the Applicable Laws.
The Terms do not create an employment, agency, partnership, or any relationship other than explicitly stated in the Terms between you and us. If you have not signed a separate agreement with us, the Terms are the entire agreement between you and us. If there is any conflict between the Terms and a signed written agreement between you and us, the signed agreement will control.
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us, the community, or the Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of the Terms is found unlawful, invalid, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from the Terms and will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible with applicable law, and all other provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect. Our rights under the Terms will survive any termination of the Terms.
In any circumstance, if we do not apply or enforce any provision of the Terms, it is not a waiver of that provision. Nor should it be considered a waiver of such provision when we fail to enforce any provision in the Terms.
Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary in the Terms, we and you agree not to modify the applicable terms and requirements of any license that is employed on the Services or the Content when such license is authorized by the Terms.
You agree that we may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Services or our Websites.
The Terms are written in English. While we hope that translations of the Terms, if any, are accurate, in the event of any differences in meaning between the original English version and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
We may assign or delegate the Terms, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent.
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
Thank you for taking the time to read the Terms. We appreciate your contribution to the community, Services, and the academic world. Your contributions help to build not only an important ecosystem that enables better scientific research practices, but also a vibrant community of like-minded and engaged peers focused on a noble goal. You may contact us regarding the Services or these Terms by email at email@example.com.