Moshe Hod
Tel Aviv University
Internal medicineObstetricsEndocrinologySurgeryRetrospective cohort studyFetusPediatricsPreeclampsiaGestational agePregnancyInsulinGestational diabetesGlycemicType 1 diabetesPopulationGynecologyGestationDiabetes mellitusBirth weightMedicine
329Publications
61H-index
18.4kCitations
Publications 327
Newest
#1H. David McIntyre (UQ: University of Queensland)H-Index: 34
#1Harold David McIntyre (UQ: University of Queensland)H-Index: 24
Last. Moshe HodH-Index: 61
view all 7 authors...
The optimal process for detecting and treating gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) remains controversial, with wide variances in practice within and between countries. A recent pragmatic randomized controlled trial (RCT) undertaken by Hillier et al. [1] in the USA has raised renewed worldwide interest in and discussion of GDM diagnosis.
Source
#1Nir Melamed (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)H-Index: 32
#2Ahmet Baschat (Johns Hopkins University)H-Index: 57
Last. Moshe Hod (TAU: Tel Aviv University)H-Index: 61
view all 26 authors...
Source
#1Kavita KapurH-Index: 5
#2Anil KapurH-Index: 32
Last. Moshe Hod (Clalit Health Services)H-Index: 61
view all 3 authors...
Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) is the bedrock for the management of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). Several different types of dietary approaches are used globally, and there is no consensus among the various professional groups as to what constitutes an ideal approach. The conventional approach of limiting carbohydrates at the cost of increasing energy from the fat source may not be most optimal. Instead, allowing higher levels of complex, low-to-medium glycaemic index carbohydrates and a...
Source
#1Neena Modi (Imperial College London)H-Index: 60
Last. Liliana S. Voto (UBA: University of Buenos Aires)H-Index: 10
view all 15 authors...
The COVID-19 pandemic exposed weaknesses in multiple domains and widened gender-based inequalities across the world. It also stimulated extraordinary scientific achievement, bringing vaccines to the public in under a year. In this article, we discuss the implications of current vaccination guidance for pregnant and lactating women, whether their exclusion from the first wave of vaccine trials was justified, and if a change in the current vaccine development pathway is necessary. Pregnant and lac...
3 CitationsSource
Hyperglycemia is the most common medical complication of pregnancy. It is a broad term that encompasses various forms of glucose dysregulation seen during pregnancy. The International Diabetes Federation estimates that 1 in 6 live births (16.8%) occur to women with some form of hyperglycemia; 16% of these due to overt diabetes in pregnancy (DIP) and the remaining 84% due to gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). DIP maybe either preexisting diabetes (type 1 or type 2) antedating pregnancy, or over...
Source
#1H. David McIntyreH-Index: 34
#2Anil KapurH-Index: 32
Last. Moshe HodH-Index: 61
view all 4 authors...
Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is the commonest medical complication of pregnancy. The association of GDM with immediate pregnancy complications including excess fetal growth and adiposity with subsequent risk of birth trauma and with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy is well recognized. However, the associations with wide ranges of longer-term health outcomes for mother and baby, including the lifetime risks of obesity, pre-diabetes, and diabetes and cardiovascular disease have received ...
2 CitationsSource
The global community is beginning to understand the enormity of the health and economic challenge that non-communicable diseases (NCDs) present. In 2010 the World Health Organization estimated that by 2030, NCDs will claim 52 million lives annually and almost 80% of these deaths will occur prematurely in low- or low/middle-income countries.
1 CitationsSource
#1Mark A. Hanson (University of Southampton)H-Index: 104
#2Fionnuala M. McAuliffe (UCD: University College Dublin)H-Index: 57
Last. Moshe Hod (Rabin Medical Center)H-Index: 61
view all 5 authors...
Source
#1Fionnuala M. McAuliffe (UCD: University College Dublin)H-Index: 57
#2Sarah Louise Killeen (UCD: University College Dublin)H-Index: 4
Last. Moshe HodH-Index: 61
view all 11 authors...
7 CitationsSource
#1Chandni Maria Jacob (University of Southampton)H-Index: 7
#2Sarah Louise Killeen (UCD: University College Dublin)H-Index: 4
Last. Mark A. Hanson (University of Southampton)H-Index: 104
view all 19 authors...
With the increase in obesity prevalence among women of reproductive age globally, the risks of type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, pre‐eclampsia, and other conditions are rising, with detrimental effects on maternal and newborn health. The period before pregnancy is increasingly recognized as crucial for addressing weight management and reducing malnutrition (both under‐ and overnutrition) in both parents to reduce the risk of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) in the mother as well as the passa...
6 CitationsSource